Our smallest Jonsson machine: model 41
- It is compact, mobile, and designed for part time use.
- If your staff spends 12 hours a week peeling shrimp by hand, this is the machine for you.
- Peels nearly all styles and sizes, up to 3,000 shrimp per hour.
- Takes less than 4 square feet of space, push it in a corner when not in use, ideal for seafood restaurants.
- It is completely self contained and has modest electric, water, and drainage needs.
- Peel all these styles: tail-on round, butterfly split, western style, completely peeled (tail off), and E-Z peel style as pictured below.
- Peel raw, headless shrimp as large as 10/15 to as small as 71/90 count (number per pound).
- Save money and have a better looking product too.
- If you have both space and the need to peel a larger quantity of shrimp, a full sized Jonsson system may be more cost effective.
Calculate Your Savings
|How peeled||by hand||Model 41|
|number of pounds peeled per week|
|average size of shrimp (number per pound)|
|approx. hourly rate including taxes, benefits||$|
|number of shrimp peeled per hour||
|this is the production hours required|
|cost of labor||$||$|
|cost of equipment, when leased||140|
|cost of peeling per week||$||$|
|percent of savings||%|
In all cases, a well a trained staff with some experience is assumed. Shrimp is readily available or is being supplied to the peelers.
Some inspection of machine peeled shrimp is usually desirable and inspection of the output of the model 41 is not considered a full time job.
1 Assumes 8 shrimp per minute when peeling by hand, each person, 60 minutes each hour.
2 Assumes 80% loading at the faster speed for 50 minutes each hour, 1-½ people.
Installation, freight, initial charges, and taxes, if any, are not included in weekly equipment cost.
- The larger the shrimp, the greater the productivity in pounds.
- Production will be less than machine speed because of the time required to empty peeled shrimp and shell boxes.
- Column 1 shows the maximum machine speed of 3,000 per hour.
- Column 2 shows actual, achievable, experience based productivity of 2,000 per hour.
Water: 35 to 45 gallons per hour at 30 to 50 psi pressure, Floor drainage is required.
Electricity: Standard electric is 115 volt, 60 Hz. The ⅓ rd hp motor draws 5.6 amp. Can be wired for 220 volt, 50 Hz.
Weight: 325 pounds net, 400 shipping
Need more production, you can save even more
As stated above, the model 41 is designed for part time use and to occupy a small space as required by restaurants. If your peeling needs approach full time use and you have the space available, you can save more by using a Jonsson model designed for greater production.
Any full size Jonsson model can be placed on a 16000 Jonsson Individual Platform to speed peeling. It will not speed inspection or any hand work that may be required, and therefore will never be as great a value as a complete Jonsson system. If you peel over 1,000 pounds of shrimp a week, a full size Jonsson system that includes peeled shrimp inspection conveyors will be the most cost effective solution, provided you have the space for a complete system.